A workplace emergency is an unforeseen situation that threatens your employees, customers, or the public; disrupts or shuts down your operations; or causes physical or environmental damage.
How to build an Emergency Plan (EP):
- Brainstorm the worst-case scenarios.
- Build an EP : an action plan covers designated actions that must be taken to ensure safety.
- An EP must include:
- A preferred method for detecting and reporting emergencies;
- An evacuation policy and procedure;
- Emergency escape procedures and route assignments, such as floor plans,workplace maps, and safe or refuge areas
- Plan what everyone should do during an EP.
- Train researchers on emergency procedures.
- Consider specific ppe that are needed for emergencies situations.
- Organize external review your EP.